Workshop: Development of the Soy National Action Plan for Moldova
A soya sector stakeholders consultation workshop was organised on 6 November in Chișinău, Moldova in the framework of the EU funded project for increasing the competitiveness of the Moldovan agri-food-sector (with special focus on the soya value chain). It aims to improve existing quality standards and to strengthen capacities in vocational education and training in agriculture.
The main scope of the workshop was to figure out relevant knowledge and insights of the value chain stakeholders in order to develop the Soy National Action Plan for Moldova. The Soy National Action Plan shall be incorporated into the General Action Plan of the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment. At the initial stage of preparation of the Soy Action Plan it is very important to have decision makers and stakeholders involved in the process. On the one hand it validated the findings and results of the Value Chain Analysis and on the other hand, provided insights from producers on the best practical ways to improve the situation in soya production.
The participants of the event included:
- Georgeta Mincu, Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment
- Iva Stamenova, Project Manager from the EU Delegation to the Republic of Moldova
- Alexander Karner, head of the ADA Office in Chisinau
- Matthias Krön, President of Donau Soja
- as well as over 60 participants representing the soya sector stakeholders from Moldova.