Information Seminar for Farmers, 28 March 2019
A one-day information seminar was organised on 28 March 2019 for Moldovan soya producers.
The main goal of the seminar was to present the requirements and steps of certification in accordance with Donau Soja Standard and introduce input providers for soya cultivation.
The seminar was opened by Viorel Gherciu, project manager at Donau Soja and Marin Cebotari, the director of the Institute of Field Crops Research “Selectia”. The speakers in the seminar included:
- Galina Leasenco, Donau Soja Moldova, who presented 2019 Calendar of Donau Soja activities for farmers
- Dragos Dima, Donau Soja Romania, who described the technological factors that influence the soya production
- Olga Sculea, Donau Soja Moldova, who presented in details the Donau Soja Standard, particularly the requirements with regards to farmers and collectors
- Marin Cebotari, the Institute of Field Crops Research “Selectia”
- Alex Budac, Academy of Science of Moldova, Institute of Genetics
- representatives of inputs suppliers, such as We Trade Ltd, Elitagrotehnologie Ltd, BASF, DAYMSA, BHS Bio Innovation and BioProtect Ltd.
The seminar was attended by 82 participants (including 11 women) from 6 regions where soya is cultivated: Briceni, Ocnita, Edinet, Glodeni, Donduseni, Falesti and Balti. The participants included 51 farmers.
The event was organised in the framework of the EU funded project: “Increasing the competitiveness of the agri-food sector through integration to domestic and global value chains in particular in the soya sector”, implemented by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) in partnership with Donau Soja and the Moldovan NGO Pro Didactica in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment and the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research of the Republic of Moldova.