Round table discussion
On Friday, 25 January 2019, a round table discussion was organised within the in the framework of the EU financed and Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) managed project. The topic was „Development of soya sector and value chain in the Republic of Moldova”.
The round table was aimed at mobilising soya sector stakeholders to continue the discussion on the development challenges faced by this sector, in particular the needs of producers for the 2019 production season, with the view to identify efficient solutions prior to the seeding period. The speakers provided updates on the yields obtained in 2018.
As speakers were present:
- Ms. Marcela Stahi, Head of the Organic Production and Products of Origin Service of MADRM, who presented the availability of state support for grain producers for 2019 and programs financed by various donors and development partners
- Mr. Marin Grama, Senior Consultant at MADRM
- Ms. Svetlana Lungu, Head of Plant Protection Department, ANSA, who made a general presentation of the phytosanitary status in the soybean sector
- Mrs. Tatiana Psenicinicova, chief inspector of the Seeds and Seeding Material Department, ANSA, who revealed about the availabiltiy of soya seeds for the new production season
- Mr. Ruslan Tabacari, State Commission for Plant Variety Testing, presented the policy of soy varieties in Moldova
- Ms. Tatiana Rotari, Director, SE "Center of Quarantine, Identification, Expertise on Arbitration and Disinfection of Production", who presented the process of laboratory testing of soybean adn the certificates issued by the respective laboratory.
More information here.
This activity was organised in the framework of the EU funded project “Increasing the competitiveness of the agri-food sector through integration to domestic and global value chains in particular in the soya sector”, implemented by ADA in partnership with Donau Soja and ProDidactica NGO in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment and Ministry of Education, Culture and Research of the Republic of Moldova.