Donau Soja Field Day in GT “Agro Panfil”, 30 July 2019
On 30 July 2019, a field day on cultivation of soybean using no-till technology was organised by Donau Soja together with the Peasant Farm “Agro Panfil”, from the village of Plop, Donduseni rayon, North of Moldova. The field day was attended by 42 participants.
The host of the event, Mr Gheorghe Panfil, introduced the farm and talked about accomplishments and some issues which he is currently facing, in particular shortage of agricultural labour. However, it should be mentioned, that GT “Agro Panfil” is a family farm where Mr Panfil works with his two sons. In total they cultivate 1,400 hectares, 200 of them with soya. Mr Panfil is currently participating as trainer in the IFAD programme for training farmers in no-till technology.
During the Field Day, eight soya varieties and trials with herbicides, inoculants and bio-stimulators were presented:
- Mentor (EURALIS),
- Tena (SAATEN UNION),
- Bettina and Livius (SAATEN BAU, provided by Seed Trade),
- Sonja and Toma ( POLJOPRIVREDNI INSTITUT OSIJEK, provided by Prograin Organic Moldova),
- Clavera, Laduta (IGFPP A.Ş.M.),
- BTU (provided by WeTrade),
- Bio preparations (provided by DAYMSA/ Bioprotect) and
- inoculant Poliriz from Transapicola SRL (Romania).
Attendance at the Field Day at “Agro Panfil” farm gave the participants the opportunity to get a deep insight into the following aspects:
- no-till technology use for soya cultivation;
- new genetics of soya varieties from DS partners;
- increasing and improving soil potential by using no-till technology (over 20 years);
- effect of seeds inoculation.
This activity was organised in the framework of the EU funded project “Increasing the competitiveness of the agri-food sector through integration to domestic and global value chains in particular in the soya sector”, implemented by ADA in partnership with Donau Soja and ProDidactica NGO in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment and Ministry of Education, Culture and Research of the Republic of Moldova.