Are you a soya bean processor interested in processing and certifying Donau Soja or Europe Soya beans?
Donau Soja and Europe Soya beans shall originate from certified traders or agricultural collectors or from farmers growing GM-free beans in the Danube or Europe Soya region respectively.
A primary processor is any operation that significantly changes Donau Soja or Europe Soya soya beans for the first time in a substantial way (e.g. oil mill, toaster, food producer, producer of food ingredients and additives).
- directly commissioned inspection / certification
- contract with Donau Soja Organisation
- member of the Donau Soja Association (declaration of accession)
- obtaining retained samples of each Donau Soja / Europe Soya transport unit accepted and delivered to a customer (at least once per 100 tonnes)
- conducting rapid GM tests (Roundup Ready and LibertyLink) on each Donau Soja / Europe Soya transport unit (at least once per 100 tonnes) of the incoming produce
- documentation of all incoming and outgoing deliveries
- monthly quantity notification to Donau Soja Organisation and to the contracted certification body
- operating an in-house QM system to prevent GM contamination
- “Donau Soja” or “Europe Soya” labelling on the packaging of Donau Soja or Europe Soya soya produce and mixed products is possible under certain conditions
- primary collectors: sending harvest declarations to quality(at)donausoja.org and their certification body using the following templates:
Oil mills and toasters:
- additional certification according to one of the following QA systems: AMA Pastus+, QS, GMP+, SFPS, QSGF, EFISC or another equivalent programme
- chronological segregation of GM and non-GM soya beans may be approved in specific individual cases
- oil mills: mandatory Salmonella monitoring
- marketing of phospholipid mixtures as Donau Soja / Europe Soya lecithins: compliance with the requirements detailed in Commission Regulation (EU) No 231/2012 for E 322
- own-use primary processor
- transfer/imposition of responsibilities of a primary processor to/on other participants in the Donau Soja or Europe Soya system respectively (particularly traders)