5th International Donau Soja Congress 2018
From 19-20 June, the Donau Soja Association organised the 5th International Donau Soja Congress "The Protein Transition in Progress: Sustainable, Regional and Non-GMO Soya in Europe", in Schwäbisch Hall Germany.
The Congress was dedicated to the challenges and opportunities of an independent and sustainable European protein supply and its economic, ecologic and social implications, as well as the important business opportunities for farmers, processors as well as users of European Non-GMO food and feed.
As speakers were present:
- Zsolt Feldman, State Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture Hungary
- Friedlinde Gurr-Hirsch, State Secretary, Ministry of Rural Affairs and Consumer Protection Baden-Württemberg (MLR)
- Konrad Schmid, Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Forestry Bavaria
- Antonio Andrioli, author and vice-president of the South Brazilian University Fronteira Sul
- Franz Fischler, former EU Commissioner for Agriculture
- Sibyl Anwander, Swiss Federal Office for the Environment FOEN
A networking dinner co-hosted by the German VLOG Association (Industry Association Food without Genetic Engineering), BESH (Bäuerliche Erzeugergemeinschaft Schwäbisch Hall) and the Austrian platform ARGE Gentechnikfrei (Platform for GMO-free food products) brought all participants together for an evening of exchange and celebration.
This year’s Congress also included the 2nd Europe-China Soya Symposium, which focused on developing a joint China-Europe strategy for a global, sustainable and GMO-free soybean production.
The 5th International Donau Soja Congress was organised in cooperation with the State Government of Baden-Württemberg, BESH (Bäuerliche Erzeugergemeinschaft Schwäbisch Hall), the Verband Lebensmittel ohne Gentechnik (VLOG-Industry Association Food without Genetic Engineering) and the European Soybean Associations.
Find the presentations of the speakers here:
Tuesday 19 June
Spolights on Research and Technologies for Soybean Production
2nd Europe-China Soya Symposium
Wednesday 20 June
We thank our Sponsors: